1. Things to determine before installation:
- How much space do I have available for a spa (i.e. the size of deck, or patio)?
- What are the measurements of door openings, fence gates, or deck stairs for getting your hot tub to it's destination?
- Check the dimensions of your hot tub’s length, width, and depth. Will it pass through interior doors, or exterior gates?
- Check the weight of your hot tub without water and filled with water. Will your deck, patio, or room floor support it's considerable weight?
- How far is it from your main breaker box to where your hot tub will be located?
- Outdoor hot tub placement, such as decks, concrete, or brick patios is common; however, the hot tub can be
placed on any solid, uniform, level surface. Do not place your hot tub on grass or bare ground!
2. Plan your hot tub route!
Consider the following when planning your hot tub route:
- Check the width of gates, doors, steps, and sidewalks to make sure your hot tub will pass through unobstructed. You may have to remove a gate or part of a fence to allow for adequate width clearance.
- If the route will require a 90° turn, check the measurements at the turn to ensure the hot tub will fit.
- Are there protruding gas meters, water meters or A/C units on your home which will get in the way during delivery?
- Are there low roof eaves, overhanging branches, or rain gutters that could obstruct overhead clearance?
- Are there more than three (3) consecutive stairs without a landing in your route?
Due to the nature of the delivery process. SCSM employees are not responsible for Delivery damage to lawns, grass, or yards. We highly suggest all fence, post, poles, and obstructions removed prior to delivery/relocation. If necessary we will remove fences and posts for fee. But not responsible for replacement. Delivering a Spa is an art, as well as an science. Remember your delivery team's primarily goal is delivery completion.